Old 08-19-2007, 11:13 AM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Good number for everyone to have on PPC

I just figured everyone knew this but as I search for it I dont see it.

From your " home "and or "cell phone" you can go to or should I say dial.

1-800-373-3411.
That is
800-FREE-411

You listen to a short advertizing message and WHLA
There is your number. You can have them text the number to you as well. (I belive you just pay for text message,not sure about that .)
Sure beats paying the 1.95 or what ever your cell phone provider charges.

Hope This helps someone.
I just put it in my phone under the contacts in the Place that the cell phone company put the regular 411 entry. Now only free 411 for me.

Don't know that I would have a need for All of these but thought I would post them here for everyone Just in case someone does need them.

(Finally a couple of numbers for everyone!!!)
*#06# | Press send and this will give you a 15-digit serial number - which you should keep and save to deactivate your phone if you should lose it.(it is also known as you IMIE number)

112 | International Emergency Line

These I only know work in US (sorry):

1-800-555-1212 | Toll Free Directory - Any US business

1-757-622-7382 | Report Mistreated Animals - PETA

1-301-447-1000 | Report Wildfires

1-800-222-1222 | Poison Control

1-800-222-1222 | EPA

1-800-826-4743 | Missing Children

1-202-282-8000 | Report Suspicious / Possible Terrorist Activity - Homeland Security
1-202-324-3000 | Federal Beaurau of Investigation - FBI
1-800-333-4636 | Any US government service or agency (1800-fed-info)

This one looks pretty neat. I played around with it for a few minutes. Pretty cool.Alot like the GOOGL (46645). But has a free program to make it eaisier you can download.
4INFO.net (text to 44636) has a similar text message offering, but provides several additional services that Google does not: text alerts for sport scores, weather forecast, stock quotes, horoscopes, and services for player stats ("allen iverson"), flight times ("swa san jose san diego"). 4INFO recently launched the ability to make any blog or news feed accessible from a mobile phone. In a matter of minutes, you can create a keyword that your readers can search to get your latest post or sign up for text alerts.
I played around with it for a few minutes. Pretty cool.
Alot like the GOOGL (46645). But has a free program you can download to make it eaisier.

1-800-GOOG-411 - Free 411 Directory assistance from Google. Uses voice recognition, and connects you for free.
I have yet to get this one to work. is either busy or gives me a bunch of numbers then nothing

1-888-DO-FRUCALL - Wondering if the price you see in a store is fair? Just call FruCall and type in the UPC bar code number, and it will tell you the best price online. Details here.
1-800-555-TELL - Looking for local movie showtimes? Sports news? Driving directions? Stock quotes? Try TellMe. I use this a lot to kill time when waiting around for friends.

I have Not tryed All of these yet .
Was too excited to share with you all.
Please give feedback if anyone tryes these.

Anyone else have any to share?
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
good, number, ppc