puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Mogul by HTC (Sprint)

Before you run the ROM Upgrade Utility (RUU), make sure you check and do the following first:

1. Tip: If you are having challenges connecting with ActiveSync, please try: Start>Settings>Connection Tab>USB to PC>Deselect Enable advanced network functionality.
  2. The standby and hibernation modes are disabled on the computer.
  3. All running applications on the computer have been closed.
  4. Ensure that you device has a battery level of at least 50% (Start>Settings>System Tab>Power>Battery Tab). If the battery during the upgrade process, there is a chance that it will not recover and will need to be sent for repairs.
  5. The update can take up to 25 minutes so set aside time when you will not be interrupted.
  6. All data will be deleted from the device during the upgrade (music, pictures, 3rd party applications, etc); be sure to back up all of your data using ActiveSync prior to upgrading.
  7. Do not interrupt the upgrade process or press any buttons until the process has been completed (the device will reset itself when the update is done).

General Procedure on Installing the ROM Update

1. Back up your personal data from the Mobile Device to your computer using ActiveSync if you want to ensure you don't lose any of your data.
  2. On your computer, run the ROM Update Utility (RUU) to install the ROM update to your Mobile Device. (The next section provides a detailed procedure on how to install the ROM Update).
  3. Restore your personal data back to your Mobile Device using ActiveSync. (Optional)

WARNING:During the upgrade process, do not attempt to make/receive calls, press any buttons on your device or disconnect the device from the USB cable as this will stop the update and your device will be rendered inoperable!!!

The upgrade process takes up to 25 minutes. It is recommended that you close all programs on your PC prior to starting the update program and do not open any applications or files while the update is in process. All personal data stored on the device will be lost. Make sure you save all pictures, videos, and important files to your PC prior to performing the update process.
Attached Files You can't view or download attachments from this post before you thank it.

Last edited by puertoblack2003; 01-31-2023 at 08:57 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View stparker's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View stparker's Photo Album Add stparker's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Mogul™ by HTC (Sprint)

I have been on this site for awhile trying to get an understanding how the ROMs work and how to successfully modify my phone to be a better product. Before I could do anything my Mogul crashed, and then that replacement crashed. Sprint is not currently selling them anymore so now I have a Palm 800w (they refused to give me a Pro). Just wondering if anyone knows if and can tell me how to successfully modify this phone to its premium potential. Thanks! I understand most jargon and how to move files and download files, afraid I don't know the technical talk about ROMs...numbers, etc. So ROM updates for Dummies version would be nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to stparker For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 03:59 PM
puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by stparker View Post

I have been on this site for awhile trying to get an understanding how the ROMs work and how to successfully modify my phone to be a better product. Before I could do anything my Mogul crashed, and then that replacement crashed. Sprint is not currently selling them anymore so now I have a Palm 800w (they refused to give me a Pro). Just wondering if anyone knows if and can tell me how to successfully modify this phone to its premium potential. Thanks! I understand most jargon and how to move files and download files, afraid I don't know the technical talk about ROMs...numbers, etc. So ROM updates for Dummies version would be nice.

so you saying you are having issues with this sprint rom??? since you posted here.If not then you have to go to the support section to the appropriate relevant section and start a new post about your issue.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Mobile Model: Ocean
Mobile Carrier: Helio
Mobile OS: 5.0

View Vdubjetta98's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Vdubjetta98's Photo Album Add Vdubjetta98's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

a few questions.

I dont use active sync i find it pointless now that google has come with its own sync app and you dont need to install anything to your computer

so in the activesync Dept everything is just settings i need to set on the phone ..so do i really need to backup my phone via active sync before doing a rom upgrade?

active sync only backs up contacs and tasks etc right , not apps???

ive tryied to connect to update my rom to the stock 6.1 for sprint and i keep getting rapitool error.. im useing vista if that helps
Old 06-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Vdubjetta98 View Post

a few questions.

I dont use active sync i find it pointless now that google has come with its own sync app and you dont need to install anything to your computer

so in the activesync Dept everything is just settings i need to set on the phone ..so do i really need to backup my phone via active sync before doing a rom upgrade?

ive tryied to connect to update my rom to the stock 6.1 for sprint and i keep getting rapitool error.. im useing vista if that helps
right wont back up apps and you cant do it because regidtry for the apps are different in every rom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Vdubjetta98 View Post

a few questions.

u only need to back up w/ active sync if u have no alternative... u can back up however u like... but if u on vista, its actually wm device center...

active sync also back up apps doc whatever u set it up to back up...

if ur getting error, make sure all ur connections are secure and ur not running anything else, also on vista u need to enable ur administrave privileges for it to run...
if its still not working, try flashing from ur Sd (storage ) card... instuctions on how are in the flashing tutorial... u can find a link to that in my signature...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2009, 05:56 PM

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

right wont back up apps and you cant do it because regidtry for the apps are different in every rom.
actually ive used async to back up apps, games etc , before and to install them after hard reset, flashing, and getting a new device....
but let me be clear for newbie... these are only apps ive installed myself after flash, not apps already included in the rom...
although its not to needed if u download most of ur apps to pc and then transfer them to ur device after... w/ that process u really dont need to back up that apps as youll already have them....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

actually ive used async to back up apps, games etc , before and to install them after hard reset, flashing, and getting a new device....
but let me be clear for newbie... these are only apps ive installed myself after flash, not apps already included in the rom...
it can mess with the device and the registry.... look at all the problems that myghty has already per instance because of the registry difference that he adds or doesnt change,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2009, 06:00 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

it can mess with the device and the registry.... look at all the problems that myghty has already per instance because of the registry difference that he adds or doesnt change,
definatly not... thats why i edited the post rite above yours to say only apps that i have installed manually after flash...lol, geuss u missed that one dash...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
htc, mogulâ„¢, sprint