Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-12-2009, 08:37 AM
kostikos kostikos is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Samsung Omnia
Mobile Carrier: Germanos
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View kostikos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kostikos's Photo Album Add kostikos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
greetings and questions for samsung omnia changing themes

Well first of all hello and i wanna say congrats to all who made this amazing forum for smartphones modifications and everything.i have bought the samsung omnia 8gb and as i was looking for themes i saw the abilities of ifonz and i find it really cool to make my icons look like iphone...i downloaded the ifonz and the S2U2 for changing the fonts.i have tocopy the cab files in the mobile right?some tell me that the icons are way too big and i have to use photoshop to make them fit the original icons of omnia.is this true?also where i put the cab files?anywhere in the phone?(or /windows file)Lastly, is there something else i have to do in order not to see any problems with my phone?(the only thing i want is to change the icons and the font of the lock screen and make them like iphone)
sorry that i bother u with so many questions but as everyone i need some help to learn and be better!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:15 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: greetings and questions for samsung omnia changing themes

“ Originally Posted by kostikos View Post

Well first of all hello and i wanna say congrats to all who made this amazing forum for smartphones modifications and everything.i have bought the samsung omnia 8gb and as i was looking for themes i saw the abilities of ifonz and i find it really cool to make my icons look like iphone...i downloaded the ifonz and the S2U2 for changing the fonts.i have tocopy the cab files in the mobile right?some tell me that the icons are way too big and i have to use photoshop to make them fit the original icons of omnia.is this true?also where i put the cab files?anywhere in the phone?(or /windows file)Lastly, is there something else i have to do in order not to see any problems with my phone?(the only thing i want is to change the icons and the font of the lock screen and make them like iphone)
sorry that i bother u with so many questions but as everyone i need some help to learn and be better!
welcome to the site, i suggest you following the links in my signature for noobs so you get up to speed and know the basics of PocketPC's
Now, to have iFonz you have to sync or place the cab file on your device as you stated so you are in the right track, you can have the file anywhere on the device. just click the file and it should install itself. As for the icons, thats untrue, they are qvga resolution so it should display properly on the omnia but you can use photoshop to make new ones or search for icon sets that ifonz users have made for this app

the lock screen is s2u2 so just install the cab and you are set, there are many themes for this app with custom clocks, wallpapers,and sliders so you can look around for one that suits you

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

glad to have you here and enjoy the site and all it has to offer
Old 03-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

throttle launcher has a good look if you want an iphone look, i use spb mobile shell on my omnia (v2.15) with the 3.1 config tool

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2009, 12:47 PM

View kostikos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kostikos's Photo Album Add kostikos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well thanks and of course i'll enjoy everything this forum offers i have a little problem though...i cpoy the cab file into the omnia and when i search it in files explorer is in opera icon to open it and i cant!any ideas?
Old 03-14-2009, 02:59 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well thanks and of course i'll enjoy everything this forum offers i have a little problem though...i cpoy the cab file into the omnia and when i search it in files explorer is in opera icon to open it and i cant!any ideas?
how are you transferring the file over? have you made sure that it is just a cab file and not a rar or zip file? if it is extract from your computer until all you have left is the cab file and than transfer tyo your device and double click to run. to be able to extract files from your computer you need winrar and that can be found here by doing a search

hope this helps and let me know how it works for you.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:07 AM

ok i found it!i was copying a zip file not the cab:P well i copy the ifonz.exe in the mobile and when i run it from the file explorer it says an error occured and the ifonz.exe must be terminated!what's this about?
Old 03-15-2009, 04:11 AM

well do you know what version of ifonz is the best for the omnia? i tried the 1.0.4 but the icons do not correspond to what they do...also they are small and they dont look actually just like iphone because u cant scroll left or right of the screen for more icons...

--------- New Post Merged on 15/3/2009 at 0549 --------

dash thnx for the advice!i was copying zip files not cab :P because they look like books i confused them:P
Old 03-15-2009, 11:55 AM

well do you know what version of ifonz is the best for the omnia? i tried the 1.0.4 but the icons do not correspond to what they do...also they are small and they dont look actually just like iphone because u cant scroll left or right of the screen for more icons...

--------- New Post Merged on 15/3/2009 at 0549 --------

dash thnx for the advice!i was copying zip files not cab :P because they look like books i confused them:P
ok since it is an exe you will want to hook up to activesync or mobile device center if you use vista and run that on your pc than follow the steps that appear on the pc and than the ppc screen...... i would recommend reading the guides in my signature since all of this is discussed in there and i feel it will be a big help to you.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:07 PM

well i did what u said in the guide:i connected the phone with sync(i have xp)i double clicked on the application ifonz.exe but it says there is an error and the application must be terminated(also if i want to send a report or not)so i copy it with activesync into the mobile but when i run it with file explorer it gives me the same message:the application must be terminated is a problem with the file or do i have to do something?
Old 03-16-2009, 11:35 PM

well i did what u said in the guide:i connected the phone with sync(i have xp)i double clicked on the application ifonz.exe but it says there is an error and the application must be terminated(also if i want to send a report or not)so i copy it with activesync into the mobile but when i run it with file explorer it gives me the same message:the application must be terminated is a problem with the file or do i have to do something?
something is wrong with your pc.... i would try another and see what that does for you or try to redownload since you may have had a bad download.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:16 PM

ok i'll try and i'll tell u the results
The Following User Says Thank You to kostikos For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
changing, omnia, questions, samsung, themes