MikeyD MikeyD is offline   Thread Starter  
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
How to Flash The Omnia i910 / i900

Samsung Omnia i910 (Verizon)

MYSELF OR SPJ ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR DEVICE

Thanks to lioryte at ppcgeeks

This is for i910 ONLY!!! If you own a stock verizon i910 and want to try any custom ROM you MUST flash your phone first with the "leaked" ROM

I see some people complaining that they can't find the leaked ROM. For those people here are some links uploaded by me. As for how to use it please read other posts explaining how to do it.

1.Set ActiveSync to “not allow USB connections” on your computer.

2.On the Omnia, go to Settings -> Connections -> USB Connection, and toggle “Mass Storage” as the USB function. Then turn your phone off (hold down the power button) and plug it into the computer.

3.Open the UMDL program you downloaded earlier.

4.Select “Unified Image File (*img) on the left column and search for the CC20 ROM you downloaded earlier.

5.Select “Detect” in the lower left part of the UMDL program, and then turn your phone on. Cross your fingers. A dialog box in the bottom left should say that a PDA device was detected. The ROM will automatically be uploaded to the phone, and upon finishing, the Omnia will restart. Don’t bother restoring your system preferences at this point.

6.Choose one of the third party ROMs available for the Samsung Omnia i910 (remember, i900 ROMs are not compatible with the i910).

7.Simply turn your Omnia off and connect it to the computer, download the ROM file, open up the UMDL software, click on “PDA” at the top left (instead of unified image loader as you did earlier), navigate to the ROM’s location, click on “Detect” on the bottom left, and turn the Omnia back on. Just as before, the ROM will automatically upload itself and the phone will restart upon completion.

8.Before reconfiguring your phone’s settings, go to Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Phone -> Services Tab -> Highlight GPS and click “Change Settings” -> Toggle “Location On”

9.Next, dial *228 and hit option 1. This will reprogram the phone. Then dial *228 again and hit option 2 to update the preferred roaming list.

10.Enjoy adding applications, themes, and whatever else you want

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE AFTER FLASHING

Samsung USB Driver:

Code

http://rapidshare.com/files/222482047/SamsungUSBDriver_4_40_7_0_v1_6.rar
UMDL Omnia V2.3:

Code

http://rapidshare.com/files/222482048/UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3.rar
Instructions:

Code

http://rapidshare.com/files/222482046/index.pdf
CC20 ROM:

Code

http://rapidshare.com/files/224240393/i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img
Samsung Omnia i900

First of all for the newbies i would recommend to play a bit with the phone before upgrading. Get to know how your phone and current ROM works.

Please be patient and read again if you don't understand anything. Make sure that you know what you are doing.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF U DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE!

GOOD LUCK!

Important :
Those who then want to make you sure for the safest way of changing the ROM in OMNIA i900 should follow closely (in case) the following steps.

Make sure you:
•Turned off any Firewall you have on the PC.
•Not running the update in Safe Mode.
•Not to perform any other work on your PC.
•Make sure the phone is fully charged (important)
•Do not update from a PC where you have limited rights. Eg. Internet Cafe, Work etc.
•Prefer Laptop as if you have electricity dropped you will have some extra battery and wont harm your phone.
•Use only one USB port for you Omnia update, the best one it works for you. Do not try multiple.

Steps used for updating under Windows XP (32 bit).

1.Make the Install Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 (once)
2.Make Install the Samsung Modem Driver XP (once)
3.Reboot the PC.
4.After the first 2 steps try to disconnect your Omnia from USB and connect it back on. Repeat it 1-2 times so the PC can recognize the phone.
Leave the phone connected for about 10-15 minutes. If it disconnects by itself most probably you have to repeat the procedure from 1st step.
It is advised to reboot your PC also.
5.Make sure that have backup all your important stuff (contacts, pictures etc).
6.Switch OFF the phone by holding the Power button for ~5 seconds.
7.Run the updater. (Works the same way for Original or Cooked ROMs)
8.Switch ON the phone again by holding the Power button.
9.Press START and happy flashing. Do not move your phone or the USB wire as it might fail during flashing.
10.Wait until the updater shows JOB DONE! DO NOT DISCONNECT BEFORE.
11.Disconnect your phone.
12.Leave the phone to reboot 2 times, calibrate screen and finish the start-up procedure.
13.Enjoy the new firmware.
================================================== ===================
Steps used for updating under VMWare for Windows Vista (32bit & 64bit) / Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit).

The tutorial is taken from my friend shokka9. Thank you baw$

If you don't know what VMware is, take a look at

Code

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMware
for more information.

Things you'll need on Vista:

•VMware Workstation (latest will work)
•Microsoft Windows XP CD or .ISO image and the serial key
•2gb of free disk space
Safety Tips before starting:
•Use the ones that mentioned for Windows XP.
•Make sure you turn off the USB on the Windows Mobile Device Center.
How-to disable it. Go to Windows Mobile Device Center:
•Mobile Settings -> Connection Settings -> Untick "Allow USB Connections".
•After flashing tick it back.
Let's start:
•First install VMware's Workstation. You can get a trial version at

Code

http://www.vmware.com/
•If you have an .ISO image of your Windows XP CD on your hard disk like I do, you won't need the CD, otherwise you'll need it. If you don't have the image, put the CD into your CD/DVD-ROM.
•Run the workstation.
•Go to FILE -> NEW -> VIRTUAL MACHINE and choose TYPICAL. On the next tab select the source from where you want to install a virtual Windows XP operating system (CD or image).
•On the next tab, press next. When the dialog appears, choose YES.
•Now enter a name for your virtual XP machine and choose a location where you want to save the machine - it's good to have at least 2gb of free space!
•On the nex tab, I've chosen 2.5gb. I think that's enough, if you wish only to flash your ROM. You can choose to install the machine to a single file or splitted. I've chosen single.
•On the next tab, click Customize Hardware button and select "USB Controller". Make sure High-Speed USB 2.0 and Auto connect USB devices are checked. Press OK, then press FINISH.
•Maybe you'll get a warning from VMware but don't bother, just skip it.
•The Windows installation process should follow. The installation took on my PC for about 25min.
•When the setup has finished, you can normally run and use Windows XP via WMware.
•Update your XP machine via Windows Update, reboot and start flashing.

Flashing:

1.Make the Install Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 (once)
2.Make Install the Samsung Modem Driver XP (once)
3.Reboot the PC.
4.After the first 2 steps try to disconnect your Omnia from USB and connect it back on. Repeat it 1-2 times so the PC can recognize the phone.
Leave the phone connected for about 10-15 minutes. If it disconnects by itself most probably you have to repeat the procedure from 1st step.
It is advised to reboot your PC also.
5.Make sure that have backup all your important stuff (contacts, pictures etc).
6.Switch OFF the phone by holding the Power button for ~5 seconds.
7.Run the updater. (Works the same way for Original or Cooked ROMs)
8.Switch ON the phone again by holding the Power button.
9.Press START and happy flashing. Do not move your phone or the USB wire as it might fail during flashing.
10.Wait until the updater shows JOB DONE! DO NOT DISCONNECT BEFORE.
11.Disconnect your phone.
12.Leave the phone to reboot 2 times, calibrate screen and finish the start-up procedure.
13.Enjoy the new firmware.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
flash, flashing, i900, i910, omnia, omnia 910, samsung