Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-08-2009, 08:10 AM
ebuzz ebuzz is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ebuzz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ebuzz's Photo Album Add ebuzz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Dead Touch Pro

My phone was working fine all day yesterday, turned it off and went to bed. Awoke this AM and it's dead..nothing, can't turn it on, can't charge it, nada. I tried a hard and soft reset, but nothing seems to work. I have no clue as to what happened or how this could have happened.
I do have insurance, but am reluctant to return it right now to Sprint b/c it is unlocked and has a custom ROM.
Any suggestions?
The Following User Says Thank You to ebuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Dead Touch Pro

“ Originally Posted by ebuzz View Post

My phone was working fine all day yesterday, turned it off and went to bed. Awoke this AM and it's dead..nothing, can't turn it on, can't charge it, nada. I tried a hard and soft reset, but nothing seems to work. I have no clue as to what happened or how this could have happened.
I do have insurance, but am reluctant to return it right now to Sprint b/c it is unlocked and has a custom ROM.
Any suggestions?
I was gonna say battery but it cnt be since it cnt even charge bro and id just take it back see what they can do for you if they find out tell them u bought it like that !

Old 09-08-2009, 08:32 AM

View ebuzz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ebuzz's Photo Album Add ebuzz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

I was gonna say battery but it cnt be since it cnt even charge bro and id just take it back see what they can do for you if they find out tell them u bought it like that !
Oh, NOOOO, what the hell do I do and how the hell could that have happened? (not that I expect u to know the answer.) I just hope they don't refuse to give me a new one b/c its unlocked.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:36 AM

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Oh, NOOOO, what the hell do I do and how the hell could that have happened? (not that I expect u to know the answer.) I just hope they don't refuse to give me a new one b/c its unlocked.
Well dont see how they could fix something that cant power on bro ,lets wait and see what other members suggest and u can decide on what steps u follow .

Old 09-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 5.0

View bluezr1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bluezr1's Photo Album Add bluezr1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Any suggestions?

Did you try to plug it into a computer to see if that would work?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:38 AM

“ Originally Posted by bluezr1 View Post

If it aint charging it aint going to charge from comp ,but hey wortha try i guess huh lol

Old 09-08-2009, 08:39 AM

View bluezr1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bluezr1's Photo Album Add bluezr1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

A bad charger can kill a good bettery. Good luck...
Old 09-08-2009, 08:41 AM

Yes, I had it on the regular charger and the PC. I also tried a second battery, still nothing. And it worked fine all day yesterday!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:44 AM

Yes, I had it on the regular charger and the PC. I also tried a second battery, still nothing. And it worked fine all day yesterday!

That stinks, just thought it was worth a try.
Good luck bro...
Old 09-08-2009, 08:46 AM

That stinks, just thought it was worth a try.
Good luck bro...
Thanks, I'll take any advice I can get.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

dont know why you are worried personally, but first of all does it vibrate after soft reset liek it is booting up cause if so your screen went which is common with them damn ribbon cables.... but anyways nothing to worry about, if you come in there and the phone isnt working at all they will just give you a different one without questions..... basically what they will do is go back there and try a different battery and see that it still doesnt respond at all and not want to waste the time trying to figure out what went wrong on it.... to be safe you can place the phone in the mocrowave for about 2-4 seconds until you see some blue smoke and than the internals will be gone and there will be no sign of you messing with it but i wouldnt even do that since i know that you will get a new one.... and also you can make the claim for free and have it overnighted to you by going to this links and following the steps for the claim center form.

Code

http://www.nextel.com/en/services/service_repair/self_service_solutions.shtml
Old 09-08-2009, 01:32 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

dont know why you are worried personally, but first of all does it vibrate after soft reset liek it is booting up cause if so your screen went which is common with them damn ribbon cables.... but anyways nothing to worry about, if you come in there and the phone isnt working at all they will just give you a different one without questions..... basically what they will do is go back there and try a different battery and see that it still doesnt respond at all and not want to waste the time trying to figure out what went wrong on it.... to be safe you can place the phone in the mocrowave for about 2-4 seconds until you see some blue smoke and than the internals will be gone and there will be no sign of you messing with it but i wouldnt even do that since i know that you will get a new one.... and also you can make the claim for free and have it overnighted to you by going to this links and following the steps for the claim center form.

Code

http://www.nextel.com/en/services/service_repair/self_service_solutions.shtml
Thanks, bro, that's what I was hoping to hear. No, the phone does not vibrate at all, nothing happens. I was going to ask if there was a way to "fry" the inside so that there would be no chance of detecting that I messed with it, and your microwave solution seems to work. I would feel safer if I knew they could never find out, but if you say not to even mess with that, b/c its too dangerous or unnecessary, then I won't.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:13 PM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Um, I dunno if this is gonna help, since you last posted a few hours ago, but the thread wasn't marked solved, so here goes.

You said it was
1. Working fine last night
2. Was on charge when you went to bed
3. got up this morning and it was dead
4. Won't charge on charger
5. Won't charge or sync on PC
6. Hard/Soft resets have no affect at all

Sounds silly, but hubby's did this a few days back, and it was something really silly, or so I thought. It may or may not work for you, but since you didn't have the chance to do a backup before it died, it might be worth a shot before you nuke it.

1. Remove back cover
2. Remove battery
3. Remove SD Card
4. Remove stylus
5. Leave it alone for like an hour
6. put the battery back in (don't put the card or stylus back in)
7. plug it into your charger (don't forget this part)
8. Turn it back on
9. Does it vibrate???

after some searching, I thought about it for a bit, and there are capacitors inside the phone that would hold a charge enough for it to remain locked. You have to give it time to discharge. Dunno if it will work for you, but it worked for hubby's phone. He had the same issues, no lights, no sounds, no vibrating. Still don't know why that happened, but I'm sure he did something to it.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:06 PM

“ Originally Posted by gadget945 View Post

Um, I dunno if this is gonna help, since you last posted a few hours ago, but the thread wasn't marked solved, so here goes.

You said it was
1. Working fine last night
2. Was on charge when you went to bed
3. got up this morning and it was dead
4. Won't charge on charger
5. Won't charge or sync on PC
6. Hard/Soft resets have no affect at all

Thanks, I'm giving this a try right now. Everything above is correct except for #2. The phone was not on the charger all night. It was charged and turned off before I went to bed, got up in the AM and it would not start/vibrate/charge.
Will let you know, what they hey, it's worth a shot b4 the nuke.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:30 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks, bro, that's what I was hoping to hear. No, the phone does not vibrate at all, nothing happens. I was going to ask if there was a way to "fry" the inside so that there would be no chance of detecting that I messed with it, and your microwave solution seems to work. I would feel safer if I knew they could never find out, but if you say not to even mess with that, b/c its too dangerous or unnecessary, then I won't.

Thanks, I'm giving this a try right now. Everything above is correct except for #2. The phone was not on the charger all night. It was charged and turned off before I went to bed, got up in the AM and it would not start/vibrate/charge.
Will let you know, what they hey, it's worth a shot b4 the nuke.

word and if it doesnt just smoke it in the microwave for a couple seconds if you want to be sure, but i have sent my phones in with the wrong os b4, if there isnt a lot of physical damage on the phone they dont even turn them on. but i would think about what information that you have on there too be safe and such because if you have data you dont want let out i would fry her for sure.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:19 PM

word and if it doesnt just smoke it in the microwave for a couple seconds if you want to be sure, but i have sent my phones in with the wrong os b4, if there isnt a lot of physical damage on the phone they dont even turn them on. but i would think about what information that you have on there too be safe and such because if you have data you dont want let out i would fry her for sure.
It didnt work so I'm going to smoke it. What do I do when it starts sparking from the metal in the phone? 2 secs is enuf?
Old 09-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i wish i could brick my phone so the will send me another one. The screen is messed up from the refurb phone they sent me.... need some brick help lol

Old 09-08-2009, 09:47 PM

It didnt work so I'm going to smoke it. What do I do when it starts sparking from the metal in the phone? 2 secs is enuf?
your not going to see any sparks or anything and aroudn 2 is what you want, you will see a small amount of blueish smoke when done properly.... but if doesnt appear in 4 seconds of time i would say it was already blown before hand hahaa
Old 09-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Tallest Member

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

your not going to see any sparks or anything and aroudn 2 is what you want, you will see a small amount of blueish smoke when done properly.... but if doesnt appear in 4 seconds of time i would say it was already blown before hand hahaa
so should i do this to dash?

Old 09-08-2009, 09:55 PM

“ Originally Posted by spivey8 View Post

so should i do this to dash?
i would recommend to do this only if it is your last out, but if you can get back to stock and claim under insurance that would be the better route.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Tallest Member

i would recommend to do this only if it is your last out, but if you can get back to stock and claim under insurance that would be the better route.
o it works fine, i have TEP... was hoping to get the keyboard to stop working LOL

they sent me a ****ed up refurb

the slider is all loose, the screen is ****ed up

Old 09-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

o it works fine, i have TEP... was hoping to get the keyboard to stop working LOL

Send it back and tell them you don't want a refurb one. An tell them the problem i would!!!

Old 09-08-2009, 10:14 PM

jsut tell themthe problem with the replacement and such and you are dissatisfied with what you got to replace old with.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:01 AM

I guess we can mark this as "solved." I brought the phone back to a Sprint service center and they said it could not be fixed so I'll be getting a new one today. That means its back to unlocking and reflashing all over again. Maybe I'll wait until GSS's new Titanium ROM is finalized.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Tallest Member

THANKS DASH, it worked HAHA

Old 09-25-2009, 12:53 AM

THANKS DASH, it worked HAHA

hahahah congrats and you getting a new pro sent out to ya now? or did you go in store and have it replaced?
Old 09-25-2009, 07:53 AM
Tallest Member

hahahah congrats and you getting a new pro sent out to ya now? or did you go in store and have it replaced?
they had to order it and it should be at the store monday... im sure its a refurb but its cool, just the last phone they sent me was a JOKE from the get go.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:51 AM

they had to order it and it should be at the store monday... im sure its a refurb but its cool, just the last phone they sent me was a JOKE from the get go.

hahah word and monday? dam nthey should have overnighted to hem so you could have by saturday so your not without a phone and all///// but anyways if they are ordering i think your most likely going to get new
Old 09-30-2009, 02:28 AM

View tek's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tek's Photo Album Add tek's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

Send it back and tell them you don't want a refurb one. An tell them the problem i would!!!
He might not be able to, on the insurance section about losing your phone, or having it break. It states that the replacment may be a referb, or a phone of equal value. So basically they can screw you if they wanted too. But glad you got yoru phone back man.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:21 PM

“ Originally Posted by tek View Post

He might not be able to, on the insurance section about losing your phone, or having it break. It states that the replacment may be a referb, or a phone of equal value. So basically they can screw you if they wanted too. But glad you got yoru phone back man.
yeah but you dont have to accept the comparable phone.... lets say it was a tp2 you can wait for them to get one in stock again which never takes long and as of right now would be a new one.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
dead, pro, touch