Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-26-2009, 07:06 AM
antstu antstu is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Omnia I900
Mobile Carrier: Vodafone
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View antstu's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View antstu's Photo Album Add antstu's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Cant find theme

I downloaded and ran with the Change skin theme pack no worries. I have SPB Shell V 2.1.4 and it works fine. If i try and download a new theme, no matter where i put it, i cant seem to make it show. I have deleted the change skin theme pack, placed the cab files from whatever theme it is i have downloaded but i can never find them and end up with an SPB shortcut on the task bar that wont work, a blank screen with only the original today screen that will function.
I have an Omnia I900, i am new to this SPB stuff so was wondering if some one could suggest or advise what i might be doing wrong with trying to install a standalone theme?
thanks in advance
Ant
Old 02-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Cant find theme

“ Originally Posted by antstu View Post

I downloaded and ran with the Change skin theme pack no worries. I have SPB Shell V 2.1.4 and it works fine. If i try and download a new theme, no matter where i put it, i cant seem to make it show. I have deleted the change skin theme pack, placed the cab files from whatever theme it is i have downloaded but i can never find them and end up with an SPB shortcut on the task bar that wont work, a blank screen with only the original today screen that will function.
I have an Omnia I900, i am new to this SPB stuff so was wondering if some one could suggest or advise what i might be doing wrong with trying to install a standalone theme?
thanks in advance
Ant
you do realize that you have to install a cab file correct?
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks in advance
Ant
i would try using the spb ms config tool 3.1 it works better than regular themes.......thats what im running on my omnia

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2009, 02:47 AM

View antstu's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View antstu's Photo Album Add antstu's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah, i have the cabs installed, i will give the spb ms config tool 3.1 a go. Thanks MikeyD, D/\sh
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antstu For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2009, 06:06 AM

Where can i get the ms config tool 3.1? ive been looking but can only find the SPB Pocket Plus application. I tried again loading the experia ish theme that d/\sh posted and followed his very simple instructions. I placed the theme in the SPB shell folder did the soft reset and nothing. These werent cab files but dat files. I know it will be somethng easy that im not doing but ive tried everything. Ive loaded it on the device, in the spb shell folder, in my program files just cant get it to work. Once i soft reset, the old theme no longer works and i usually end up with a blank screen and have to revert back to the today screen to get ito file explorer.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Where can i get the ms config tool 3.1? ive been looking but can only find the SPB Pocket Plus application. I tried again loading the experia ish theme that d/\sh posted and followed his very simple instructions. I placed the theme in the SPB shell folder did the soft reset and nothing. These werent cab files but dat files. I know it will be somethng easy that im not doing but ive tried everything. Ive loaded it on the device, in the spb shell folder, in my program files just cant get it to work. Once i soft reset, the old theme no longer works and i usually end up with a blank screen and have to revert back to the today screen to get ito file explorer.
HI THINK ITS BEST YOU REINSTALL SPB AND HERE IS THE CONFIG APP https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...d.php?t=178224 CHECK THE LINK OF THE SITE AND FOLOW THE READ ME THIS WORKS GREAT

GRTZ WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
install, omnia, spb, theme, themes