Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-11-2009, 10:42 PM
edjr905 edjr905 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: samsung omnia
Mobile Carrier: verizon
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View edjr905's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View edjr905's Photo Album Add edjr905's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
i am new to this and completely lost

hello everyone,
so i recently bought the samsung omnia and i think its way cool and all but obviously i want to add software to it. i keep seeing the spbmobile shell and i like the way the software look but sadly i really have nooo idea how to even begin to get that software onto my phone. i really need like an idiots guide on how to do it. i really dont have the first clue to doing this and im pretty discouraged, so if theres anyone that has the patience to actually do a step by step walkthrough for me it would be much appreciated. plz keep in mind that i dont really know too much about computers. im sorry if this is too much to ask of u guys i just really need hellp!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: i am new to this and completely lost

“ Originally Posted by edjr905 View Post

hello everyone,
so i recently bought the samsung omnia and i think its way cool and all but obviously i want to add software to it. i keep seeing the spbmobile shell and i like the way the software look but sadly i really have nooo idea how to even begin to get that software onto my phone. i really need like an idiots guide on how to do it. i really dont have the first clue to doing this and im pretty discouraged, so if theres anyone that has the patience to actually do a step by step walkthrough for me it would be much appreciated. plz keep in mind that i dont really know too much about computers. im sorry if this is too much to ask of u guys i just really need hellp!!!
first of all glad to have you here and enjoy the site you can take a look at my signature below and navigate through the site (which the spj tour below (last link) will show you with images and captions!!) if you have any further questions after going through the links below feel free to ask in the help desk area from the side menu.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2009, 11:39 PM

View edjr905's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View edjr905's Photo Album Add edjr905's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wuts ur signature?? sorry im a tard lol
Old 03-11-2009, 11:44 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wow...common sense is the key to achieving your goal, without that you're useless! His signature with the LOGO's all info is there...let me know I'll draw you a sketch.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

u need to go to control panel and edit options to see peoples signatures, if u cant see them now...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2009, 11:54 PM

o i c, thanks for the heads up. i guess some ppl didnt understand i was new to this
Old 03-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

o i c, thanks for the heads up. i guess some ppl didnt understand i was new to this
the person above me (hahaaha) has no clue that he is talking cocky to the owner..... (not a good idea) and that a signature always goes at the bottom so that means below the post where it says sig.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2009, 12:12 AM

im honestly not trying to be cocky, if anything i feel super retarded on this site cus ive never been too computer savvy. did not mean to come off as cocky if i did sorry...
Old 03-12-2009, 12:28 AM

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

im honestly not trying to be cocky, if anything i feel super retarded on this site cus ive never been too computer savvy. did not mean to come off as cocky if i did sorry...
No worries Edjr... we all start out new at some point or another... give it a lil time, and with the help of SPJ you will learn fast....

once you have the signature issue worked out, check out some of the starter links in both D/\SH's and my siggy to help u get started, and get the answer to your questions on your new device....

Enjoy it...and, welcome to SPJ (smartphonejunkie)

Old 03-12-2009, 12:46 AM

thanks much, well i went throught dash's need it all in one thread and im kind of gettin an idea of what i need to do but the other day downloaded a file that i thought was for spb mobile shell onto my flash drive and im not sure if its a cab file or not. it came in a compressed zipped file so im not to sure exactly how to extract the files. do i need to downlaod winrar?? idk even know where to get that lol
Old 03-12-2009, 12:51 AM

thanks much, well i went throught dash's need it all in one thread and im kind of gettin an idea of what i need to do but the other day downloaded a file that i thought was for spb mobile shell onto my flash drive and im not sure if its a cab file or not. it came in a compressed zipped file so im not to sure exactly how to extract the files. do i need to downlaod winrar?? idk even know where to get that lol
we have it here... do a search... and yeah, winrar will extract it for you... even winzip... but winrar is better, and specially made for .rar files, which can be even larger compressed files than .zip files... just search winrar and youll find it!

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
completely, lost