Old 09-19-2009, 06:34 PM
y0himba y0himba is offline   Thread Starter  
HTC Phones Own
Mobile Model: HTC Imagioâ„¢
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View y0himba's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View y0himba's Photo Album Add y0himba's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Opinions

Ok, I am an old man and a noob at all this. I love WinMo phones. I currently have an HTC Fuze, massively tweaked but still the stock rom. We are moving to Verizon from AT&T, since we have had horrible service from AT&T since May, but Verizon has EV-DO A here.

Question 1: The only phone they offer that is even close to the Fuze is the Samsung Omnia. I would like opinions on it. Also, performance and customization tweaks are most welcome.

Question 2: Can someone please list good tweak sites for the Omnia on Verizon? I am looking to unlock the GPS for use in Google maps and GPS Weather, and to unlock tethering so I don't have to pay an additional $15 a month on top of my $45 data plan that is supposed to be unlimited but is actually capped at 5GB.

Last question: I see talk about the different methods the companies use for service. What is what? Sprint uses CDMA? AT&T is GSM? What is Verizon?

Again, I blame old age and apologize for the noob questions. Thanks for the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to y0himba For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Opinions

Man ... Is OK we all learn at one point in our lives ... I have no idea about the first two questions of yours but I got the answer for the 3rd ( the easier one ) Verizon is CDMA as well ...
Old 09-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by y0himba View Post

Ok, I am an old man and a noob at all this. I love WinMo phones. I currently have an HTC Fuze, massively tweaked but still the stock rom. We are moving to Verizon from AT&T, since we have had horrible service from AT&T since May, but Verizon has EV-DO A here.

Question 1: The only phone they offer that is even close to the Fuze is the Samsung Omnia. I would like opinions on it. Also, performance and customization tweaks are most welcome.

Question 2: Can someone please list good tweak sites for the Omnia on Verizon? I am looking to unlock the GPS for use in Google maps and GPS Weather, and to unlock tethering so I don't have to pay an additional $15 a month on top of my $45 data plan that is supposed to be unlimited but is actually capped at 5GB.

Last question: I see talk about the different methods the companies use for service. What is what? Sprint uses CDMA? AT&T is GSM? What is Verizon?

Again, I blame old age and apologize for the noob questions. Thanks for the help!
Ok vzw just relased the tp2 but the omnia is a great phone...perfomance is good but not great...i love my omnia
as far as a good site THIS ONE ha ha we have a few omnia apps and roms as they come availible.....i use google maps and windows live map on mine gps is unlocked......as for teathering i have not tried it but in many of the custom roms i run there is an app for it......gsm uses sim cards and cdma programming is internal....vzw is cdma hope this helps some

Old 09-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by y0himba View Post

“ Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post

Ok vzw just relased the tp2 but the omnia is a great phone...perfomance is good but not great...i love my omnia
as far as a good site THIS ONE ha ha we have a few omnia apps and roms as they come availible.....i use google maps and windows live map on mine gps is unlocked......as for teathering i have not tried it but in many of the custom roms i run there is an app for it......gsm uses sim cards and cdma programming is internal....vzw is cdma hope this helps some

cdma liek they said is what verizon wireless runs off of...... and i would go with the tp2. i made the change to verizon and got the tp2 and love the device...... it is what the fuze aka touch pro got replaced with and is just a sexy phone that works great even on stock rom.... i am very happy with the verizon service and love it way more than sprint... the better signal gives me way better battery life as well.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
opinions