Old 12-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Superman369 Superman369 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Flash a Fuze

Here is an updated guide on flashing a GSM Touch Pro (such as the AT&T Fuze). All credit for this goes to Mskip from xda. His original thread can be found here

Code

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=448008
Everyone was a Newb once and its VERY daunting figuring out how to flash your first Rom, what order to do it in and thinking if you get it wrong you will brick your nice new phone. I have put together an *Easy Guide* for flashing the Raphael/ Fuze to try and make it easier to update your phone. I hope this is useful to the community.

Before you start, backup anything on your phone that you might want to keep after the new Rom has been flashed because all contacts/ emails/ texts/ notes/ Internet BookMarks/ ect. WILL be lost!!

PimBackup is good and free (copy any mms attachments to your storage card or computer seperately)

***THIS TUTORIAL IS FOR THE GSM RAPHAEL'S ONLY!!! DO NOT USE WITH CDMA VERSIONS***

If your phone has a SIM Card Slot then its a GSM Model. Carry on reading.
If it has no SIM Card then its CDMA and you should not use this procedure.

**USE THE WIKI FOR EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR RAPHAEL**

*ONCE YOU HAVE FLASHED A HARDSPL ITS PERMANENT. YOU DONT NEED TO DO IT AGAIN WHEN FLASHING NEW ROMS OR RADIOS*

*DO NOT start another process while the flashing process is taking place*
*DO NOT click off of the status bar... Let it stay in the foreground*
*DO NOT let the Screensaver activate*
(any of these can lead to a bad flash and possibly brick your phone)

1. YOUR DEVICE MUST HAVE AT LEAST 50% BATTERY POWER FIRST BEFORE ATTEMPTING EACH STAGE

2. FLASH HARDSPL

Flashing via ActiveSync with USB Lead (thanks to OliNex)
1. Download Hard-SPL package and unzip it to your Hard Drive. Make sure it's launched from a local drive (not through network drive, etc.)
2. Your Phone MUST be Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!
3. Run RaphaelHardSPL-Unsigned_190_1_3.exe,
4. Follow steps in the RUU (Rom Update Utility), check device for prompts after PC shows loading bar.
5. It should go to a black screen now.
6. SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
7. To confirm you installed it correctly, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 1.90.OliNex.

**To enter Bootloader and check HardSPL version; with the device turned on, press and hold the volume down button, then press the reset button with the stylus. Release the volume down button when bootloader tricolour screen appears**

NOTE 1: You will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!

NOTE 2: Anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPLManual.exe from the download to the device and run it. Once the screen is black, run RUU manually from the PC.

NOTE 3: This is an unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs or radio packages. Also, this has overwrite protection, if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, go *HERE*

NOTE 4: DO NOT use this RUU for anything other than SPL flashing (i.e. hardspl or stock spl restore)!!! If you want to flash some other rom, then use customruu from *HERE*

3. SIM AND CID UNLOCK.

Note: You do not need to SIM or CID Unlock your phone to flash a new Rom.

If, however you want to flash Diamond/ Blacksone Radios OR use your phone on a different Network then you MUST Unlock your phone.

To Unlock your phone go *HERE*

4. DOWNLOAD AND FLASH YOUR PREFERED ROM.

Flashing Via ActiveSync
1. Download your prefered Rom from the Raphael Rom Develpoment Page and unzip/unrar it to your computer.
2. REMOVE SIM and microSD CARDS!!
3. Turn phone back on and wait until it syncs with your PC.
4. Run the Raphael_RUU.exe (or RaphaelWrapper.exe if thats included instead) from the Roms Folder.
5. Once phone finishes flashing and gets to the screen where it configures the stylus, HARD RESET
(hold the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER (center) Buttons, press the RESET button with the stylus tip, then release the RESET button but continue to hold the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons until the reset screen appears)
6. Follow onscreen instructions to set up your New Rom.
7. Once phone has gone through the customisation procedure then replace Sim and microSD Cards.
8. Turn phone back on and set up as required.

Flashing Via MicroSD Card
1. Make sure your microSD is Formatted to fat32 using a PC (you dont have to delete all files but it is safer if you do).
2. Download your prefered Rom from the Raphael Rom Develpoment Page and unzip/unrar it to your computer.
3. Goto the Roms Folder and rename the .nbh file to RAPHIMG.nbh
4. Copy the RAPHIMG.nbh file to the root of your microSD Card.
5. Plug the microSD Card into the phone.
6. Press and hold the volume down button, then press the reset button with the stylus. Release the volume down button when bootloader tricolour screen appears.
7. Follow the onscreen instructions to start flashing.
8. Once phone finishes flashing and gets to the screen where it configures the stylus, HARD RESET
(hold the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER (center) Buttons, press the RESET button with the stylus tip, then release the RESET button but continue to hold the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons until the reset screen appears)
9. Follow onscreen instructions to set up your New Rom.

5. FLASH PREFERED RADIO IF DESIRED (OPTIONAL).

For more information about different compatible Radios that you can use go *HERE*

**If you want to Flash a Non Raphael Radio then your phone MUST be Security Unlocked**

Flashing Via ActiveSync
Sync your phone with the PC, Run the Raphael_RUU.exe from the Radio's Folder and follow the instructions.

Flashing via MicroSD Card
1. Make sure your microSD is Formatted to fat32 using a PC (you dont have to delete all files but it is safer if you do).
2. Download your prefered Radio from the Raphael Rom Develpoment Page and unzip/unrar it to your computer.
3. Goto the Radios Folder and rename the .nbh file to RAPHIMG.nbh
4. Copy the RAPHIMG.nbh file to the root of your microSD Card.
5. Plug the microSD Card into the phone.
6. Press and hold the volume down button, then press the reset button with the stylus. Release the volume down button when bootloader tricolour screen appears.
7. Follow the onscreen instructions to start flashing.
8. After the flash finishes press the reset button with the stylus to reset the device.

6. JOB DONE. Well Done YOU DID IT!!

Attached below is the ruu for the GSM TP. Just put your ROMS .nbh file in the folder, then drag and drop it over the RaphaelWrapper.exe, then follow the onscreen instructions
Attached Files You can't view or download attachments from this post before you thank it.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Mobile Model: htc fuze
Mobile Carrier: AT & T
Mobile OS: 6.1

View TVDinner's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TVDinner's Photo Album Add TVDinner's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Flash a Fuze

First off - HUGE PROPS and thanks for all the help today ofcsu1 and Dash. I was able to do my first flash of a new rom on my fuze and it worked great. I installed Dash's Fuze ROM at https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...d.php?p=318403 and so far everything is working great.

I have a question. In the directions on the thread I mentioned above it did not say to hard reboot and pull out the battery for a minute when I was done. Should I have done that and since I did not, should I do it now? Like I said, everything is working great, so I am not experiencing any problems or issues.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to TVDinner For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2008, 04:37 PM

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well, I recomend to do it since it seems to always make annoying little glitches go away, so you can if you want, but if your not having any problems then dont worry about. I think the PP might take effect without pullin the battery.

The Following User Says Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2008, 04:40 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I highly reccomend doin hard resets after any flash just for future reforence and im happy your flash went good

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1mrlcb For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2008, 04:44 PM

View TVDinner's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TVDinner's Photo Album Add TVDinner's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by 1mrlcb View Post

I highly reccomend doin hard resets after any flash just for future reforence and im happy your flash went good
THANKS. On other sites I see people crying and saying they are getting rid of their fuzes, and they just are not willing to learn. they should have never purchased a pocket pc in the first place. they want a pretty phone that works out of the box and they dont have to do anything. well that is nice, but so limited to what you can do, customize, etc.

I can say that without you guys on this site I would have been lost, My FUZE is completely customized, runs fast, and hopefully now will also have some increased battery life. You guys have been lifesavers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TVDinner For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2008, 04:44 PM

Yep yep, like he said....it is recommended.

--------- New Post Merged on 7/12/2008 at 0553 --------

“ Originally Posted by TVDinner View Post

THANKS. On other sites I see people crying and saying they are getting rid of their fuzes, and they just are not willing to learn. they should have never purchased a pocket pc in the first place. they want a pretty phone that works out of the box and they dont have to do anything. well that is nice, but so limited to what you can do, customize, etc.

I can say that without you guys on this site I would have been lost, My FUZE is completely customized, runs fast, and hopefully now will also have some increased battery life. You guys have been lifesavers.
We all try to help out as much as we can. Members, staff, thats what where all here for.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2008, 04:52 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

People like that i just tell them go buy a iphone

Old 12-07-2008, 05:03 PM

some of you guys have pictures of your phone's speed test for the internet. How do I check that on my phone after doing this Flash?

Old 12-07-2008, 05:08 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!

some of you guys have pictures of your phone's speed test for the internet. How do I check that on my phone after doing this Flash?
i think the sites speedtest.net or com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1mrlcb For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2008, 05:14 PM

personally, I just go to dslreports.com, then go to tools, speed tests, simple mobile phone speed tests, and thats it. Theres a couple of them out there though

Old 12-08-2008, 02:50 PM

While it is initially a little scary to do the Flash, once you read all the guides and really look at the files, it is pretty easy. You just have to do backups of all the cabs for programs you like so you can reinstall or look into using UC (User Customization) which can be found at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366337 , which will automatically reinstall all of your favorite programs when you are doing the new rom flash.
I am looking into this program now to see if I can figure it out and how it will make the entire ROM flashing process easier.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TVDinner For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2008, 03:00 PM

While it is initially a little scary to do the Flash, once you read all the guides and really look at the files, it is pretty easy. You just have to do backups of all the cabs for programs you like so you can reinstall or look into using UC (User Customization) which can be found at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366337 , which will automatically reinstall all of your favorite programs when you are doing the new rom flash.
I am looking into this program now to see if I can figure it out and how it will make the entire ROM flashing process easier.
Please note, UC is only available on custom ROMS that support UC. Look in the ROMs description to determin if the ROM chef added UC to his creation.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:03 PM

“ Originally Posted by ofcsu1 View Post

Please note, UC is only available on custom ROMS that support UC. Look in the ROMs description to determin if the ROM chef added UC to his creation.

GOOD POINT and something I had to learn also. The custom ROM I installed (see my signature) does support it.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Fuze
Mobile Carrier: ATT

View whitefalcon111's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View whitefalcon111's Photo Album Add whitefalcon111's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I have an mda phone and it has all the power pc stuff and was ahead of its time. I have been searching for quite a while for a phone that is a move forward, the iphone is not it for sure. Its just all glitz and no substance.
The fuze for me has both, glitz and substance.
I love the complexity of the Mobile PC 6.1.
I have two questions,
What is flashing for cell phones?
And what is different on the Fuze after the flash?
I am thinking it opens up the phone so its not a closed AAT phone so its more easily modified. Let me know if I am right.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Mobile Model: Fuze
Mobile Carrier: AT&T

View belomeclone's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View belomeclone's Photo Album Add belomeclone's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I think I want to put NATF on my Fuze... any advice? I am really really scared to do it.

I also want to put that program on that makes it a mobile hotspot.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by belomeclone View Post

I think I want to put NATF on my Fuze... any advice? I am really really scared to do it.

I also want to put that program on that makes it a mobile hotspot.
a rom is made ofr what you use the phone for..... everyone has different uses and needs so a rom is all personal choice..... and for the wifi hotspot your talking about you will want to look for wmwifirouter which we have here.... jsut use the built in search feature and you will be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Mobile Carrier: AT&T

View belomeclone's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View belomeclone's Photo Album Add belomeclone's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

But can someone, like, Instant Message me on AIM Step By Step through the flashing process? I'm scared.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by belomeclone View Post

But can someone, like, Instant Message me on AIM Step By Step through the flashing process? I'm scared.
lol no we dont so that here....we have plenty of threads on how to this, if you look below in my signature there is a link on how to flash roms....step by step.....DONT BE SCARED!!!! lol you'll be fine....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2009, 09:08 PM

Updated first post with ALOT more info and updated the attachment.

The Following User Says Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 08:54 PM

View jumpster's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jumpster's Photo Album Add jumpster's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm looking for this for a while.

Thanks for info...
Old 03-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View pidi5's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View pidi5's Photo Album Add pidi5's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

cool i needed this stuff
Old 06-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Mobile Model: FUZE
Mobile Carrier: GSM
Mobile OS: 5.0

View xechno's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View xechno's Photo Album Add xechno's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thank you soo much!!! this is some good info
Old 06-02-2009, 02:53 AM

“ Originally Posted by pidi5 View Post

cool i needed this stuff

“ Originally Posted by xechno View Post

thank you soo much!!! this is some good info
You can both show your appreciation by hitting "thanks" on the first post.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Mobile Model: HTC fuze

View jeffdragonbolin's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jeffdragonbolin's Photo Album Add jeffdragonbolin's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

when i go to this thread, I cant see where the first post with the info is... its weird. Before I registered I could see it, but it said register to see it all in the spot where the guide was. So I did, and now i cant even see it at all... what gives?
Old 06-18-2009, 11:09 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jeffdragonbolin View Post

when i go to this thread, I cant see where the first post with the info is... its weird. Before I registered I could see it, but it said register to see it all in the spot where the guide was. So I did, and now i cant even see it at all... what gives?
what are you talking about? i went ot the first page and have no troubles seeing the tutorial.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2009, 03:11 PM

View Zime's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Zime's Photo Album Add Zime's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thank you. I've needed to know how this was done.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zime For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2009, 12:57 AM
Mobile Model: HTC FUZE

View cooldude4u's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cooldude4u's Photo Album Add cooldude4u's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey.. I would like to get some help flashing and unlocking my HTC FUZE from ATT.... I just got it new...

THANK U
Old 08-19-2009, 01:00 AM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by cooldude4u View Post

Hey.. I would like to get some help flashing and unlocking my HTC FUZE from ATT.... I just got it new...

THANK U

well, if you read the first post. the information is there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2009, 08:58 PM

View Faslane's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Faslane's Photo Album Add Faslane's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hi All, I have copied the RAPHIMG.nbh and the rom "Custom_RUU.exe" to my mSD and held the voulume down and then hit reset, I get the colored tribands and then the loading ...screen but nothing happens past that. Can anyone please offer some advice? I did the HardSPL already (I think) LOL

Thank You!!!

Lane
Old 10-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Flash a Fuze

“ Originally Posted by Faslane View Post

Hi All, I have copied the RAPHIMG.nbh and the rom "Custom_RUU.exe" to my mSD and held the voulume down and then hit reset, I get the colored tribands and then the loading ...screen but nothing happens past that. Can anyone please offer some advice? I did the HardSPL already (I think) LOL

Thank You!!!

Lane
Did you formatt your SD to Fatt32 ? also i think that flashing threw computer an laptop is alot easier too...

Old 10-07-2009, 12:53 AM

Re Flash a Fuze

“ Originally Posted by Faslane View Post

Thank You!!!

Lane
You also do not need the custom ruu on your SD card. But as goku says, flashing from a comp is alot easier. Its the only way I do it, and I have flashed prolly a good 5 or 6 hundred times.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Flash a Fuze

“ Originally Posted by Superman369 View Post

You also do not need the custom ruu on your SD card. But as goku says, flashing from a comp is alot easier. Its the only way I do it, and I have flashed prolly a good 5 or 6 hundred times.
Word Supes , an out of all those times i have never done it threw SD card maybe i should give a try just say i know how too haha

Old 11-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Mobile Model: HTC FUZE

View junkies411's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View junkies411's Photo Album Add junkies411's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hi im haveing a problem flashing with activesync
this is the first time i tried to flash my fuze and everytime i try to do it i get to starting the flash then activesync closes and i get an error asying update error and i cant find a way around this error
any help would b great
thanks
Old 11-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Flash a Fuze

“ Originally Posted by junkies411 View Post

this is the first time i tried to flash my fuze and everytime i try to do it i get to starting the flash then activesync closes and i get an error asying update error and i cant find a way around this error
any help would b great
thanks
Did u unlock your phone bro ? and plz make a member intro

Old 11-15-2009, 06:47 PM

“ Originally Posted by junkies411 View Post

any help would b great
thanks

make sure you are unlocked with the hardspl unlocker for the gsm version of the touch pro... and also what is the full error that it gives you including the error number and the message that follows it.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
flash, fuze