Old 12-08-2009, 09:59 AM
roopull roopull is offline   Thread Starter  
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
TP2 Video Out

I'm one of the 5 people who actually use the "video out" feature of the Touch Pro 1... you know... you connect the adapter, connect the special cord, and you can then show video on a larger screen.

Does the TP2 support this? I've browsed around & see no mention of it, so my gut feeling is no.

Just trying to make up my mind b/t Droid & TP2...
Old 12-08-2009, 10:42 AM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: TP2 Video Out

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

I'm one of the 5 people who actually use the "video out" feature of the Touch Pro 1... you know... you connect the adapter, connect the special cord, and you can then show video on a larger screen.

Does the TP2 support this? I've browsed around & see no mention of it, so my gut feeling is no.

not sure if you have the old cables but i take it since they're selling it for the tp2

Code

http://www.thinktouchpro2.com/touch-pro-2-video-cable-5005.html
its just the matter of playing with it and see if it works.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

View mjcole2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mjcole2003's Photo Album Add mjcole2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re TP2 Video Out

yes tp2 has tv out. I use it all of the time.Im always watching movies on my wide scrreen plasma. It beats renting a movie when u can get it for free.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yup sure does work and i use it as well for videos and such
Old 12-08-2009, 05:22 PM
roopull roopull is offline   Thread Starter  
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Awesome. Thanks, guys.

Today, Sprint gave me a new TP1 (much to my surprise,) so I'll probably just have to put that info on the back burner for a while, but it's good info to have!
Old 12-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Mobile Model: HTC MOGUL
Mobile OS: 5.0

View jetpack's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jetpack's Photo Album Add jetpack's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re TP2 Video Out

Amazon has one for sale for the Touch Pros, just $15 right now.

Code

http://www.amazon.com/OEM-HTC-Out-Cable-ACT100/dp/B002OOZDSE/ref=pd_cp_cps_1
Cool thing about this, you can connect your charger at the same time. I read a review on another cable like this priced at $25 and the buyer said the audio had an annoying hum. Since this is OEM, I'm guessing it works better.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View CajunReefer's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CajunReefer's Photo Album Add CajunReefer's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

jetpack,

Thanks for the info!
Old 12-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View mjcole2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mjcole2003's Photo Album Add mjcole2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re TP2 Video Out

Awesome. Thanks, guys.

Today, Sprint gave me a new TP1 (much to my surprise,) so I'll probably just have to put that info on the back burner for a while, but it's good info to have!
TP1 has tv out capabilities as well i believe. Im curious if the same tp2 cable would work for the touch pro 1.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:20 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re TP2 Video Out

“ Originally Posted by mjcole2003 View Post

TP1 has tv out capabilities as well i believe. Im curious if the same tp2 cable would work for the touch pro 1.
yes it does, i have tried and tested that successfully on the verizon tp2 and the sprint tp
Old 12-22-2009, 09:29 PM

View CajunReefer's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CajunReefer's Photo Album Add CajunReefer's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re TP2 Video Out

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

not sure if you have the old cables but i take it since they're selling it for the tp2

Code

http://www.thinktouchpro2.com/touch-pro-2-video-cable-5005.html
its just the matter of playing with it and see if it works.

I bought this cord. It works okay. I noticed that there is a bit of a flicker every few seconds while playing a basic video recorded from the phone onto my Philips 42" LCD TV. I'm not sure I would want to watch a whole movie like this.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:52 PM

“ Originally Posted by CajunReefer View Post

I bought this cord. It works okay. I noticed that there is a bit of a flicker every few seconds while playing a basic video recorded from the phone onto my Philips 42" LCD TV. I'm not sure I would want to watch a whole movie like this.
i dont get any flicker..... what rom are you running?

sounds like your video cable isnt fully connecting..... what we really need is a hdmi port on these puppies
Old 12-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Mobile Model: Ppc 680

View livinlifes2shor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View livinlifes2shor's Photo Album Add livinlifes2shor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

If you have the tp1 adapter, open it up and cut the blue cord (this makes the phone think its tv out) then plug in the cam corder cable 3.5 3 ring and the order on the tv is red video white and yellow audio. Works perfect!
Old 12-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re TP2 Video Out

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH

what we really need is a hdmi port on these puppies
that would be pretty sweet.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:23 PM

Re Re TP2 Video Out

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

i dont get any flicker..... what rom are you running?

sounds like your video cable isnt fully connecting..... what we really need is a hdmi port on these puppies
DASH,

I'm still currently running Verizon's stock ROM. I made sure it was plugged in well. I also set the phone down thinking my slight movements might be affecting it, but it continued. If I'm not mistaken, I think I even tried a soft reset before trying it the second time. I will try again tomorrow and see what it does.

-Dennis
Old 12-23-2009, 11:37 PM

Re: Re Re TP2 Video Out

DASH,

I'm still currently running Verizon's stock ROM. I made sure it was plugged in well. I also set the phone down thinking my slight movements might be affecting it, but it continued. If I'm not mistaken, I think I even tried a soft reset before trying it the second time. I will try again tomorrow and see what it does.

-Dennis
could be the stocker rom than.. i dont remember having those problems in the month and a half i ran the stock rom, hell i didnt really need to hard reset either but i did cause i was bored haha
Old 12-27-2009, 02:18 PM
bigchico68

View bigchico68's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigchico68's Photo Album Add bigchico68's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re TP2 Video Out

Of course it supports it. Go into settings/all settings/system and there is the icon for tv out. Just plug in the tv out cables. I did it the same way I did on the TP and use the same cables.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:01 PM

Re Re Re TP2 Video Out

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

could be the stocker rom than.. i dont remember having those problems in the month and a half i ran the stock rom, hell i didnt really need to hard reset either but i did cause i was bored haha
Humm, it's still doing it, a slight flicker even few seconds. I did a soft reset and ran a basic video recorded from my cellphone, and it gives a slight flicker; however, the video plays flawlessly on the phone's screen. I wonder if I got a hold of some bad cables or if there is an issue with the stock ROM or MS3.

As soon as you plug the cables in, it identifies them and asks to play video or 3 other choices.

DASH,

Did you get your cables from the same vendor listed previously in this thread?
Old 12-27-2009, 06:54 PM

Re: Re Re Re TP2 Video Out

Humm, it's still doing it, a slight flicker even few seconds. I did a soft reset and ran a basic video recorded from my cellphone, and it gives a slight flicker; however, the video plays flawlessly on the phone's screen. I wonder if I got a hold of some bad cables or if there is an issue with the stock ROM or MS3.

As soon as you plug the cables in, it identifies them and asks to play video or 3 other choices.

DASH,

Did you get your cables from the same vendor listed previously in this thread?

to tell the truth my favorite pair that i still use i got from the spj store.... that store made great stocking stuffers with high quality stuff for all my cell phone needs including basic phones that my parents and grandma carry.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Mobile Model: HTC MOGUL
Mobile OS: 5.0

View jetpack's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jetpack's Photo Album Add jetpack's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re TP2 Video Out

I talked myself into ordering the 15$ special on Amazon. This cord is nice. It's made by HTC and it has a very solid feel to it. I plugged in my phone's power cord and it charged the phone up while it played. I notice no flicker or hum.

I was using a 40 inch Element computer monitor/TV. I especially enjoyed watching the HD trailers of Iron Man 2 and Avatar on my youtube browser.

I'm actually looking forward to creating some cool powerpoint presentations and playing it on my TV through my phone.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:38 PM

“ Originally Posted by jetpack View Post

I talked myself into ordering the 15$ special on Amazon. This cord is nice. It's made by HTC and it has a very solid feel to it. I plugged in my phone's power cord and it charged the phone up while it played. I notice no flicker or hum.

I was using a 40 inch Element computer monitor/TV. I especially enjoyed watching the HD trailers of Iron Man 2 and Avatar on my youtube browser.

I'm actually looking forward to creating some cool powerpoint presentations and playing it on my TV through my phone.
hahah word and i do the same with powerpoint and word for class. works out great and you get hella looks especially when you sync with a bluetooth projector and play right through that from your phone
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
tp2, video