Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-20-2009, 11:25 AM
thakarpratik thakarpratik is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO
Mobile Carrier: vODAFONE
Mobile OS: 5.0

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View thakarpratik's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thakarpratik's Photo Album Add thakarpratik's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Icon5 How to create folders to save SMS

Hi All

Could be a very simple question,but strangely i m not able to figure out in my HTC Touch PRO

ROM Version 1.9.720.3WWE
ROM DATE - 11-27-08

I think this ROM is pretty OLD, i m from India on a Vodafone Network,could i just download any MOD and it will work?

Please suggest ,

Also how do i make separate folder for saving my SMS
The Following User Says Thank You to thakarpratik For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: How to create folders to save SMS

you really dont save them like that..... er say if you wanted to do it thast way you could copy and paste into a word document and name it the person your having the convo with and just add a folder by going to menu/new folder and you can place them in there... or you can use a nifty app called PIMbackup and you can back them up dthere as well as other things like your phone numbers and such so if you do a hard reset it will restore when restore file ran all your contacts if desired aand chose as well as your conversations.... i just wouldnt store too many on your phone since it will slow it down over time though..... i just delete all my texts personally, whats the use of keeping text messages its kind of like the people with aim... when i see something important in a text that i want to remember i just screenshot it and save it to a folder named screenies.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:00 PM

View thakarpratik's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thakarpratik's Photo Album Add thakarpratik's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hi Dash thanks for the reply

Actually i had Sony W960i earlier with 8 Gig of memory before this fone, and what i used to do is, when i got msgs from my GF i moved them into my personal folder, so not everyone can read it

I would want to do the same thing on this fone as well, bcoz i meet curious people evyer now and again who fiddles around with my fone and ,i dont want nyone to read those messages
Old 11-21-2009, 11:32 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by thakarpratik View Post

Hi Dash thanks for the reply

Actually i had Sony W960i earlier with 8 Gig of memory before this fone, and what i used to do is, when i got msgs from my GF i moved them into my personal folder, so not everyone can read it

I would want to do the same thing on this fone as well, bcoz i meet curious people evyer now and again who fiddles around with my fone and ,i dont want nyone to read those messages

mmm no way of really doing that unfortunately..... you can delete the whole conversation but thats about it....
Old 11-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re How to create folders to save SMS

with webis flexmail you can create a folder within the root folder of sms. you can move all the sms messages into that folder. you can then use Jeyo mobile companion to back them up. i've used both in combination and it works for me so far. (crosses fingers and hopes it works for ohers as well.)
Old 11-21-2009, 01:10 PM

Re: Re How to create folders to save SMS

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

with webis flexmail you can create a folder within the root folder of sms. you can move all the sms messages into that folder. you can then use Jeyo mobile companion to back them up. i've used both in combination and it works for me so far. (crosses fingers and hopes it works for ohers as well.)

mmmm very cool learn something new everyday.... .thanks for the input
Old 11-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re How to create folders to save SMS

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

mmmm very cool learn something new everyday.... .thanks for the input
i had to do some research on this one. i couldn't find anything that worked 100%. so far this is the only 100% way I've found. but I'm still looking for something with less steps.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:03 PM

i found it out
what u do is
go in the Sms Folders
Than click on the Inbox and Keep it pressed, and a small Tool Tip will appear, which will allow you to create sub folder in the Sms Inbox
than you can move your personal sms their

Few tabs react ,if you keep it pressed for a little longer than a click
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
create, folders, save, sms