Mike20PR Mike20PR is offline   Thread Starter  
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
PC Pro Slams the HTC Diamond

What a great example of the media's double standards. They give the Diamond 2/6 stars and heavily criticize the battery life for not lasting through heavy use over a weekend. Their review of the iPhone 3G, a 5/6 star device, mentions that you'll need to charge the device every other day even with moderate use. So why is one product slammed and one product just barely criticized? It's like everyone is terrified to criticize the iPhone. Ridiculous.

PC Pro Conclusion

Back when we reviewed the HTC Touch, we had one key message to say to HTC: drop Windows Mobile so far back into the background that people hardly need to use it. And it has.

But it's simultaneously crippled the Touch Diamond by either using code that isn't good enough, thus making the whole phone sluggish, or it hasn't chosen a fast enough processor. We suspect the former as the 528MHz Qualcomm unit powering the Diamond doesn't look like its struggling for horsepower.

And who knows, maybe in a few months' time its engineers will have done some clever tweaking and updating to make the interface work as it should. At which point, this could turn into a half-decent phone.

Until then, though, the Bad outweighs the Good by such a margin that if people told us they were thinking of buying the Touch Diamond we'd be forced to rip the credit card out of their hands for their own protection.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/20937...h-diamond.html

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2008, 02:29 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: PC Pro Slams the HTC Diamond

“ Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post

What a great example of the media's double standards. They give the Diamond 2/6 stars and heavily criticize the battery life for not lasting through heavy use over a weekend. Their review of the iPhone 3G, a 5/6 star device, mentions that you'll need to charge the device every other day even with moderate use. So why is one product slammed and one product just barely criticized? It's like everyone is terrified to criticize the iPhone. Ridiculous.

PC Pro Conclusion

Back when we reviewed the HTC Touch, we had one key message to say to HTC: drop Windows Mobile so far back into the background that people hardly need to use it. And it has.

But it's simultaneously crippled the Touch Diamond by either using code that isn't good enough, thus making the whole phone sluggish, or it hasn't chosen a fast enough processor. We suspect the former as the 528MHz Qualcomm unit powering the Diamond doesn't look like its struggling for horsepower.

And who knows, maybe in a few months' time its engineers will have done some clever tweaking and updating to make the interface work as it should. At which point, this could turn into a half-decent phone.

Until then, though, the Bad outweighs the Good by such a margin that if people told us they were thinking of buying the Touch Diamond we'd be forced to rip the credit card out of their hands for their own protection.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/20937...h-diamond.html
Mike, good find!! Great article! I love the author when he say and I quote "Everything's animated and whizzy and 3D and at cute angles, so music albums flip into view for instance. Which would be absolutely fine, if it weren't for the Touch Diamond's second biggest problem: it's slow. So slow it almost makes you want to tear your hair out in frustration, fling the Diamond against the wall and whip out the old Nokia phone you put into retirement seven years ago."

Old 07-13-2008, 02:47 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

Mike, good find!! Great article! I love the author when he say and I quote "Everything's animated and whizzy and 3D and at cute angles, so music albums flip into view for instance. Which would be absolutely fine, if it weren't for the Touch Diamond's second biggest problem: it's slow. So slow it almost makes you want to tear your hair out in frustration, fling the Diamond against the wall and whip out the old Nokia phone you put into retirement seven years ago."
lol just sharing my dissapointment bro, i dunno if the cdma diamond will have all the same issues but all i see of the diamond are bad and horrible reviews, i use to be in denial about this but i guess that a reality check like this is needed

bummer

Old 07-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

lol just sharing my dissapointment bro, i dunno if the cdma diamond will have all the same issues but all i see of the diamond are bad and horrible reviews, i use to be in denial about this but i guess that a reality check like this is needed

bummer
yeah but i dont believe this dude number one hes from a pc magazine and not a ppc magazine and no god damn ppc is going to go more than 2 days without a charge for real now... thats just crazy talk.... and my dad owns a diamond we got for fathers day for him and its not sluggish at all.... its quite the speedy phone compared to the mogul or touch which are the best phones out there right now...... this guy is full of shit if you ask me.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:07 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yeah but i dont believe this dude number one hes from a pc magazine and not a ppc magazine and no god damn ppc is going to go more than 2 days without a charge for real now... thats just crazy talk.... and my dad owns a diamond we got for fathers day for him and its not sluggish at all.... its quite the speedy phone compared to the mogul or touch which are the best phones out there right now...... this guy is full of shit if you ask me.
have you messed with your dads diamond??? i would love to get this gorgeous peice of hardware but i really need to get all my facts straight before considering a switch, and right now i wouldnt do it, not because of this only but over at xda basically 80% of all the threads on the diamond section are complaints

im not hating on the diamond cuz i havent used it yet but im gettin dissapointed with all the shit talk on it

Old 07-13-2008, 04:41 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

I got my laugh of the day! tHANKS DASH!

Old 07-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

have you messed with your dads diamond??? i would love to get this gorgeous peice of hardware but i really need to get all my facts straight before considering a switch, and right now i wouldnt do it, not because of this only but over at xda basically 80% of all the threads on the diamond section are complaints

im not hating on the diamond cuz i havent used it yet but im gettin dissapointed with all the shit talk on it
yeagh i have messed with it some when i see him at work and all....... but it is a work phone for him that he owns.......... so i really dont get a chance to tinker with it since he is always on the thing for real.... but anyways it seemed pretty stable and quick to me wasnt too bad but didnt get to load it with goodies and see how it reacts.

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

I got my laugh of the day! tHANKS DASH!
hahhahaa glad someone got a chuckle out of it.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint HTC Touch

View nsxracir's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nsxracir's Photo Album Add nsxracir's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i wouldn't worry. I'm sure by the time Sprint releases the phone it'll be much improved, much like how the GSM touch came out and sucked vs the improved CDMA touch. HTC isn't stupid and neither is sprint (sometimes), they'll fix those issues before it hits our shores.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:40 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by nsxracir View Post

i wouldn't worry. I'm sure by the time Sprint releases the phone it'll be much improved, much like how the GSM touch came out and sucked vs the improved CDMA touch. HTC isn't stupid and neither is sprint (sometimes), they'll fix those issues before it hits our shores.
thats what im rooting for, cuz the gsm is the only one out right now

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
diamond, htc, pro, slams