puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Motorola Droid Questions

Share your reviews on the Motorola Droid and share any idea's on the hacking ability

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 10:30 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Motorola Droid Questions

post amended to motorola droid

Old 11-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

sweet thanks for getting this made and switched over pb.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:54 PM
This Website Is LEGIT!
Mobile Model: Touch Pro!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Tha Shint!

View oracle646's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View oracle646's Photo Album Add oracle646's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Motorola Droid Questions

I will just say that the Droid is UNREAL awesome in my opinion. We got one in the store the day before it was released and how fast and responsive the phone was blew me away! It was sexy fast. The freakin huge high res. screen is amazingly awesome! The browser was the best I have seen yet on a mobile phone.

I just wish sprint would get one. But I don't have any hacks or anything, just wanted to say that. Motorola did a good job here. The keyboard is nice, but I do wish it was a 5 row keyboard like the TP. Other than that it is awesome..And the app store is legit as well.....Ok I am done....lol

TB

Old 11-09-2009, 08:06 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Motorola Droid Questions

“ Originally Posted by oracle646 View Post

I will just say that the Droid is UNREAL awesome in my opinion. We got one in the store the day before it was released and how fast and responsive the phone was blew me away! It was sexy fast. The freakin huge high res. screen is amazingly awesome! The browser was the best I have seen yet on a mobile phone.

I just wish sprint would get one. But I don't have any hacks or anything, just wanted to say that. Motorola did a good job here. The keyboard is nice, but I do wish it was a 5 row keyboard like the TP. Other than that it is awesome..And the app store is legit as well.....Ok I am done....lol

TB
word i cant wait for mine to come through cnet here im gonna have to activate that for at least a little bit and put the tp2 down and aside. and sprint does have the new one coming out with a kb.... i think will be released Q1 2010
Old 11-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Mobile Model: HtC TouCh DiaMond
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View touch805's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View touch805's Photo Album Add touch805's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

im switching over to verizon and im thinking of getting the droid....and i was just wondering if the droid can do internet sharing?
Old 11-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola DROID
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View angiekay's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View angiekay's Photo Album Add angiekay's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

So, if I'm taking this correctly......those who have (or say you have a TP), and are eligible for upgrade, would give up your TP for THIS phone? The Droid? Can you mod it in any way? I have been "eyeing" this phone, because the price is unbelievable, and IF the OS was faster and more responsive than my TP (modded out), then yea I may go with it, and sell the TP.

I'm wondering if I would be able to get over the fact that it's onscreen totally, no slide out keyboard right? I mean that's was the top selling point for me to switch from my Vogue to the TP.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:08 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by touch805 View Post

im switching over to verizon and im thinking of getting the droid....and i was just wondering if the droid can do internet sharing?
according to this

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/photoplog/index.php?n=396
it doesn't have that.But i'm sure if you do your research and see if there's any app available .

Old 11-12-2009, 08:10 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by angiekay View Post

So, if I'm taking this correctly......those who have (or say you have a TP), and are eligible for upgrade, would you give up your TP for THIS phone? The Droid? Can you mod it in any way?

there' not alot of mod but so far i seen about two or 3 rom for the htc hero cdma only and a whole lot for gsm.I went from pro to android and I'm impressed, everything i had on wm is on my hero

Old 11-12-2009, 08:15 PM

View angiekay's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View angiekay's Photo Album Add angiekay's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

there' not alot of mod but so far i seen about two or 3 rom for the htc hero cdma only and a whole lot for gsm.I went from pro to android and I'm impressed, everything i had on wm is on my hero
Thanks PB! That helps alot, as I haven't even laid hands on the phone yet, but I would take your word for it!! I mean it's got alot of good features with the larger screen, 5.0 pixel camera and all.......so I'm considering my options........

Old 11-12-2009, 08:20 PM
OG Member

Thanks PB! That helps alot, as I haven't even laid hands on the phone yet, but I would take your word for it!! I mean it's got alot of good features with the larger screen, 5.0 pixel camera and all.......so I'm considering my options........

no problem, why don't you go to a sprint or verizon store and look at there device and ask them you want to see a live device not the dummy phones they use..lol

Old 11-12-2009, 08:26 PM

Re Re Motorola Droid Questions

no problem, why don't you go to a sprint or verizon store and look at there device and ask them you want to see a live device not the dummy phones they use..lol
Yes, I will soon maybe tomorrow, they are prolly on backorder already though, I would order mine online and get the "instant" rebate instead of the mail-in, and I was mistaken it does have the slide out keyboard, gotta get my hands on it PB!!!!!! LOL

Old 11-12-2009, 10:26 PM

send me a pm i can save you money if you are a new customer.

So, if I'm taking this correctly......those who have (or say you have a TP), and are eligible for upgrade, would give up your TP for THIS phone? The Droid? Can you mod it in any way? I have been "eyeing" this phone, because the price is unbelievable, and IF the OS was faster and more responsive than my TP (modded out), then yea I may go with it, and sell the TP.

I'm wondering if I would be able to get over the fact that it's onscreen totally, no slide out keyboard right? I mean that's was the top selling point for me to switch from my Vogue to the TP.
and yes the droid is quick and pretty powerful... mine is here tomorrow from fed ex finaldly and you can check out he videos and make your decision off of that... they have a keyboardless version of the dro id which is made by htc and than a keyboard version made by motorola but to me the htc version looks better and trust me the keyboard on the hero and the droid is magnificent and has to be one of the best ones that i have used on any phone
Old 11-13-2009, 12:31 AM

View touch805's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View touch805's Photo Album Add touch805's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Icon10 Re Motorola Droid Questions

[QUOTE=D/\SH;427795]send me a pm i can save you money if you are a new customer.

im buying the droid and adding the line to my moms account...but if you can get me a good deal on the phone itself let me know man i would really appreciate it
Old 11-13-2009, 12:39 AM

[quote=touch805;427843]

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

send me a pm i can save you money if you are a new customer.

im buying the droid and adding the line to my moms account...but if you can get me a good deal on the phone itself let me know man i would really appreciate it

since your adding a line she gets the two year price dont she?
Old 11-13-2009, 12:47 AM

[QUOTE=D/\SH;427847]

since your adding a line she gets the two year price dont she?
yeah $299 and then she gets a $100 mail in rebate
Old 11-13-2009, 12:49 AM

Re: Re Re Motorola Droid Questions

[quote=touch805;427858]

yeah $299 and then she gets a $100 mail in rebate
yea wont be able to get her anything better than that price wise..
Old 11-13-2009, 01:00 AM

thats kool thanks for your help anyways dash really appreciate you trying to help me out
Old 11-17-2009, 10:26 AM

YEP, went to VZN Saturday, played with the Droid (motorola version) for about 30 minutes, and I'm loving it, and am getting it soon, next few days or so....(waiting on some money due to me)!

AND PB, I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR!!!!

Old 11-17-2009, 12:42 PM

Re: Re Re Motorola Droid Questions

YEP, went to VZN Saturday, played with the Droid (motorola version) for about 30 minutes, and I'm loving it, and am getting it soon, next few days or so....(waiting on some money due to me)!

AND PB, I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR!!!!
congrats im sure you will love it! when i said maby seeing android replacing wm for me i meant it will most likely... im starting to fall in love with how the device just works out of the box but still highly hackable with custom roms if desired... just waiting for my eris to be delievered.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:20 PM

Re Re Re Motorola Droid Questions

congrats im sure you will love it! when i said maby seeing android replacing wm for me i meant it will most likely... im starting to fall in love with how the device just works out of the box but still highly hackable with custom roms if desired... just waiting for my eris to be delievered.
I thought you got it Friday?? What are you saying?

Old 11-17-2009, 08:21 PM

Re: Re Re Re Motorola Droid Questions

I thought you got it Friday?? What are you saying?
sorry didnt mean waiting for my droid eris to be delievered i meant to type i cant wait for my droid eris invisible shield to be delievered... they agreed to allowingme to review one of them for them
Old 11-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Mobile Model: 480-204-5168
Mobile Carrier: alltel
Mobile OS: 6.1

View anokt05's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View anokt05's Photo Album Add anokt05's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

so for ive been reading the review on the droid . both of them the motorola droid and the htc droid eris . they pretty will round . they can almost every that the htc touch pro 2 or the htc imago can do i am kinda of sold on it ? i really have not done my research on the hole android program . I not goin to lie i suck at mods . that wy send my phone to someone ohwell .
Old 11-27-2009, 04:23 PM

Got my Motorola Droid Wednesday, and haven't been able to put the thing down yet, I LOVE IT!! It's really quick, responsive (very much so!), I'm loving all the apps and games and things you can do with it. I love the turn by turn navigation, works really well. I'm finding that I'm using the onscreen keybrd more than the actual hard slide out keybrd, but I like having it there for other things like navigating the internet or using the d pad to tab through entries and such.........So far this is the best smartphone I have owned, I love it!!! Thanks to PB ad Dash for their reviews and advice, I made the right decision.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:53 PM

“ Originally Posted by anokt05 View Post

so for ive been reading the review on the droid . both of them the motorola droid and the htc droid eris . they pretty will round . they can almost every that the htc touch pro 2 or the htc imago can do i am kinda of sold on it ? i really have not done my research on the hole android program . I not goin to lie i suck at mods . that wy send my phone to someone ohwell .
word did you see the review i did on the droid eris? i will have videos up on it this weekend for sure. and heres the link in case you didnt see it.

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/f497/verizon-team-htc-droid-eris-full-review-dash-194337/#post430384

Got my Motorola Droid Wednesday, and haven't been able to put the thing down yet, I LOVE IT!! It's really quick, responsive (very much so!), I'm loving all the apps and games and things you can do with it. I love the turn by turn navigation, works really well. I'm finding that I'm using the onscreen keybrd more than the actual hard slide out keybrd, but I like having it there for other things like navigating the internet or using the d pad to tab through entries and such.........So far this is the best smartphone I have owned, I love it!!! Thanks to PB ad Dash for their reviews and advice, I made the right decision.
awww thanks and glad that you are enjoying it
Old 11-27-2009, 10:44 PM

View anokt05's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View anokt05's Photo Album Add anokt05's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

It was not your review on the htc droid Nor did i say it was your review on the htc droid eris That saw . i am not trying be rude . But There are many review on the web that why call the web . LOL
Old 11-28-2009, 05:35 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

It was not your review on the htc droid Nor did i say it was your review on the htc droid eris That saw . i am not trying be rude . But There are many review on the web that why call the web . LOL
hi yes but review some are realy different then dash he is strate to the point while ohters talk crap or dont point out where theres need for inprovement to me dash is king of review bro he has even done review for cnet not to mention honderds here and on his youtube channel

PS CHANGE YOUR PROFILE YOU PHONE NUMBER IS SHOWING

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
SENIOR ADMIN@SPJ

Old 11-28-2009, 02:00 PM

all i asked was if you read mine or not thats it... so watch your back and stop private messaging me for help... i try to help you than you say im not trying to be rude and by saying that you realize that what you are saying is rude.... go suck a fat one ass wipe, last time i ever help you sicne you arent even grateful for the help that you receive.... and odnt bother sending your deivice to me either since i will not mod it out for you any longer.... and verbal warning issued, dont expect help from people any further if you are going to be rude to them when they are helping you and diss them for no reason... hell i ask did you see the review, you say not trying to be rude but i didnt look at yours theres others on the web.. hell i wrote it for a reason to and sure theres others but all i was doing is answering the question you asked... grow up and next time you cross me and be rude you WILL be banned for life.... grow up and watch who you are rude to...

rant over.

and thanks weesje for having my back on an uncalled for issue with this dude.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

all i asked was if you read mine or not thats it... so watch your back and stop private messaging me for help... i try to help you than you say im not trying to be rude and by saying that you realize that what you are saying is rude.... go suck a fat one ass wipe, last time i ever help you sicne you arent even grateful for the help that you receive.... and odnt bother sending your deivice to me either since i will not mod it out for you any longer.... and verbal warning issued, dont expect help from people any further if you are going to be rude to them when they are helping you and diss them for no reason... hell i ask did you see the review, you say not trying to be rude but i didnt look at yours theres others on the web.. hell i wrote it for a reason to and sure theres others but all i was doing is answering the question you asked... grow up and next time you cross me and be rude you WILL be banned for life.... grow up and watch who you are rude to...

rant over.

and thanks weesje for having my back on an uncalled for issue with this dude.
np bro you now i got your back and il keep a look out whe dont need rude members on spj

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
SENIOR ADMIN@SPJ

Old 11-28-2009, 06:47 PM

Icon11 Re Motorola Droid Questions

I will to admet that i am in the wrong . I mis unstood what dash said (word did you see the review i did on the droid eris? i will have videos up on it this weekend for sure. and heres the link in case you didnt see it.) i thought he was attacking what i saying about the review that i read online ) IWOULD LIKE TO PERSONALLY APOLOGIZE TO DASH . for my rude behavier . you ve help me befo with my phone in really appreciate . i ve always been a huge fan your work. I was not trying to challenge your stillz . i told understand if you guys dont want on you website . that cool
againt i am truly sorry . i not try goin website start a problem . i hope be kool . but if not i understand thank for you time
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
droid, motorola, questions